Independent TD and Chairman of the Oireachtas Health Committee Michael Harty has announced that he will vote no-confidence in the Minister for Health, in a motion proposed by Sinn Féin. RTE.ie - Published
Spain’s prime minister on Friday called an early general election for April 28, the third in less than four years, after his draft budget was rejected in parliament over the Catalan secession.. France 24 - Published
According to Reuters, the sterling is nearing a two-month high against the dollar.
Despite drama in London over Brexit, the UK's currency is trading up seven-tenths of a percent, rising to $1.29.
Britain's last-minute scramble to shape its exit from the EU, its biggest policy upheaval in half a century, hit the rocks on Thursday as Prime Minister Theresa May and opposition Labour leader Jeremy..
The leader of the Democratic Unionist Party has spoken of the "toxicity" of the backstop in Theresa May's current Withdrawal Agreement with the EU. Arlene Foster said, "we need to deal with that issue..
Brandon Lewis has accused Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn of being "hypocritical" for not talking with Theresa May on Wednesday evening following the no-confidence vote. The Conservative Party Chair said..
British Prime Minister Theresa May says she has started meeting leaders of opposition parties about Brexit and called for politicians to "put self-interest aside" and find a consensus on Britain's path..
According to a report by Reuters, on Wednesday, Prime Minister Theresa May won a confidence vote in the British Parliament before inviting other party leaders for immediate talks to try and break the..
LISBON, Portugal (AP) — A conservative party in Portugal’s parliament is issuing a no-confidence vote in the minority Socialist government, but the motion is likely to fail because left-of-center.. Seattle Times - Published
Watch VideoSpanish Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez called a snap general election days after his Socialist party's budget plan was defeated in Parliament.
Sánchez held a news conference Friday saying.. Newsy - Published
Spain's government has called early elections to be held in April. Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez and the Socialist party had governed for nearly eight months after a no-confidence vote ousted former PM.. Deutsche Welle - Published
Secret ‘Back Boris’ dinners for Conservative MPs are being held at Rees-Mogg's London home. Jockeying for leadership has become increasingly unsubtle since December’s no confidence vote. MailOnline - Published
· *Six years ago this week, David Cameron promised an EU referendum in a Bloomberg speech while the euro crisis took hold and troubled the UK economy so much that austerity measures were extended for.. FXstreet.com - Published
By Harsh V. Pant
These are extraordinary times in British politics. In a matter of hours, the same Conservative Party MPs and the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) who had rejected British Prime.. Eurasia Review - Published
Watch VideoSpeaking to U.K. Parliament members Monday, British Prime Minister Theresa May outlined what she called "key changes" to her Brexit policy.
They include the government being more to.. Newsy - Published
· *The cross debilitates to the 0.8820 region and rebounds.*
· *GBP remains under pressure on Brexit uncertainty.*
· *PM Theresa May’s Brexit ‘Plan B’ next of relevance.*
The performance.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The cross moves higher on GBP-selling, clinches the 0.88 handle.*
· *UK Retail Sales disappointed expectations in December.*
· *PM T.May starts her cross-party talks on a ‘Plan B” for.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Despite a bullish push to end the week, Cable markets remain tense as Brexit uncertainty settles in for the long haul.*
· *PM May may have won her no-confidence vote, but her hands remain tied,.. FXstreet.com - Published
Former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern has criticised Theresa May's negotiating style, saying, "You don't survive a confidence vote at seven-thirty, invite opposition parties to talks, then go on TV at.. RTE.ie - Published
Gains in defense shares as well as healthcare helped to keep U.S. stocks in positive territory on Thursday, while an end to the latest chapter in Britain's exit from the European Union, Prime Minister.. Reuters - Published Also reported by •Reuters India
The British Prime Minister is still in office after surviving a no-confidence vote in her government. But Germany and the rest of Europe are deeply worried about the increased likelihood of a no-deal.. Deutsche Welle - Published
Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven was ousted in late September when he lost a no-confidence vote in parliament after an inconclusive election, triggering a period of political deadlock that has.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters
· *GBP/USD has been extending its ascent towards the 1.30 handle chalking up a high, so far of 1.2964 from a low of 1.2832.*
· *The market is backing the soft Brexit narrative over a pessimistic.. FXstreet.com - Published
Theresa May’s Brexit defeat was a staggering blow for the embattled British Prime Minister, Domain Gang reports. However, she was able to keep her government in power, winning a no-confidence vote.. WorldNews - Published
* • Chances of a delayed Brexit continue to extend some support to the British Pound. • The USD gets a minor lift after upbeat US data and kept a lid on any strong up-move. *
The.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The Bank of England's Credit Conditions Survey outlines a slowdown in demand for mortgages and credit cards ahead of the UK leaving the European Union on March 31. *
· *UK lenders expect.. Business Insider - Published
Theresa May held out an alive branch to political rivals last night after surviving a Labour bid to oust her, urging them to come to the table and help break the Parliamentary deadlock. MailOnline - Published
British Prime Minister Theresa May faces deadlock on Thursday over a new Brexit plan, after narrowly surviving a no-confidence vote sparked by the crushing defeat of her European Union withdrawal deal... WorldNews - Published
Asian stocks ended mixed on Thursday as a strong start to the U.S. earnings season and hopes for progress on the Brexit front helped investors shrug off worries about U.S.-China trade relations. RTTNews - Published
British Prime Minister Theresa May is reaching out to opposition parties and other lawmakers Thursday in a battle to keep Brexit on track after surviving a no-confidence vote. CTV News - Published Also reported by •New Zealand Herald