CBS and Viacom have completed their merger. ViacomCBS Chairman Shari Redstone and ViacomCBS President and CEO Bob Bakish celebrated the new corporate combination with a ceremonial ringing of the.. CBS News - Published
CBS Chief Communications Officer Dana McClintock is exiting the company at the end of June. He’s worked in the CBS communications department for 27 years.
As often happens in a merger situation,.. The Wrap - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — ViacomCBS is planning a new streaming service that will combine the existing CBS All Access service with Paramount movies and shows from Viacom channels such as MTV and BET.
The.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
· The largest mergers and acquisitions are team efforts, but at the very top, a battled-tested senior banker provides critical advice that can make the difference in a transaction's success or.. Business Insider - Published
In the 10 months since Richard Plepler stepped down as HBO’s chief executive, the final season of “Game of Thrones” came and went, CBS and Viacom merged, and Disney and Apple rolled out new.. SFGate - Published
· Comcast and NBCUniversal announced recently that the two companies plan to pull back the veil on their Peacock streaming service at an investor event on January 16.
· Mike Shields, the former.. Business Insider - Published
It's official: Sister mass media conglomerates CBS Corp. and Viacom Inc. are back under the same roof. The two companies' $12 billion merger closed after market hours on Wednesday. The combined entity.. bizjournals - Published Also reported by •SeekingAlpha
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ViacomCBS Inc. (Nasdaq: VIACA, VIAC) (“ViacomCBS”) today announced the completion of the merger between CBS Corporation and Viacom Inc. The combined company, which is.. Business Wire - Published
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CBS (NYSE: CBS.A, CBS) and Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA) today jointly announced that Bob Bakish, current President and Chief Executive Officer of Viacom, and appointed.. Business Wire - Published
CBS All Access has canceled “Strange Angel” after two seasons.
“Strange Angel” was a Mark Heyman adaptation of George Pendle’s book of the same name. The work was inspired by the real-life.. The Wrap - Published
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A, CBS) and Viacom Inc. (Nasdaq: VIAB, VIA) today announced that their pending merger is currently expected to close after market hours on.. Business Wire - Published
With the third quarter earning season officially wrapped up, it’s time to take a step back and see how major entertainment and tech companies held up at a time of transition.
For many.. The Wrap - Published
· Media giants CBS and Viacom are planning to rejoin after years apart.
· Although Viacom's CEO will lead the new company, CBS chief Joe Ianniello will stay on and get a hefty severance to sweeten.. Business Insider - Published
Following the merger of CBS and Viacom announced earlier this year, the combined company today confirmed its plans to restructure its content and digital leadership teams in order to streamline.. TechCrunch - Published
Jim Lanzone will step down as CEO of CBS Interactive, which runs the company’s streaming service CBS All Access, at the end of the year. Marc DeBevoise, who has served as president and COO, will take.. The Wrap - Published
Jo Ann Ross will lead advertising sales for ViacomCBS after it completes its merger, the company said on Wednesday.
The merger between CBS and Viacom, announced in August, is expected to close in.. The Wrap - Published
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A, CBS) and Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA) today announced that the registration statement on Form S-4 (No. 333‑234238) (the “Registration.. Business Wire - Published
Shari Redstone (Getty Images/Jerritt Clark) Shari Redstone, the current vice-chair of both CBS and Viacom, is reportedly considering creating a Viacom channel to compete with Fox News. CNSNews.com - Published
· The next stage in the cord-cutting revolution could see streaming services like Netflix and Disney Plus bundled alongside one another, not too differently from the way TV channels are today,.. Business Insider - Published
The origin of CBS’ new thriller-drama, “Evil,” came from a conversation the creators — and married couple — Robert and Michelle King have been having for more than 30 years: What is the.. The Wrap - Published
AT&T is not looking to sell DirecTV, John Stankey said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal.
“DirecTV is an important part of what we’re going to be doing going forward,” the.. The Wrap - Published
Rooster Teeth, a subsidiary of WarnerMedia’s Otter Media, has revamped its leadership on Tuesday afternoon, with the company adding former AwesomenessTV CEO Jordan Levin as its new general.. The Wrap - Published
WarnerMedia, CBS and Viacom on Wednesday said they would no longer accept advertisements for e-cigarettes and e-cigarette products. Collectively, those three companies represent more than half of that.. The Wrap - Published
Television and streaming channels owned by WarnerMedia, CBS and Viacom will no longer run ads for e-cigarettes or e-cigarette products, including for industry powerhouse Juul, the companies said.. The Wrap - Published
“Empire Star” Terrence Howard may be quitting acting for good.
In an interview with Extra on the set of the Fox drama, Howard told correspondent and current Miss USA Cheslie Kryst that he’s.. The Wrap - Published
One of the first series that will debut after Disney+ launches on Nov. 12 will come from a rival studio in CBS TV Studios, which is behind the Gina Rodriguez-produced “Diary of a Female President.”.. The Wrap - Published
Jim Gianopulos has not had a particularly easy job since taking over as CEO of Paramount Pictures in 2017 — one year after the once-iconic studio had lost more than $450 million.
“Looking back.. The Wrap - Published
· AT&T is under pressure to prove its $85 billion acquisition of Time Warner will pay off, after an activist investor letter called its M&A strategy into question this week.
· The telecom giant's.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CBS (NYSE: CBS.A, CBS) and Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA) today jointly announced that Bob Bakish, President and Chief Executive Officer of Viacom, and Christina Spade, Executive.. Business Wire - Published
Julia Phelps will be the chief communications and corporate marketing officer of ViacomCBS, CBS and Viacom said in a joint announcement Thursday.
The executive vice president will report to Bob.. The Wrap - Published
· *Ad-tech firms like The Trade Desk, ZypMedia and SpotX are hiring salespeople from television networks like Fox Networks Group and Tegna who have relationships with ad buyers and get the decades-old.. Business Insider - Published
Good morning, Entertainment One (eOne) stockholders — it’s been a great morning and early afternoon over in the U.K. for all of you.
Shares of ETO (Entertainment One Ltd.) on the London Stock.. The Wrap - Published
Viacom CEO Bob Bakish is in line to earn $31 million as CEO of the newly-combined ViacomCBS, according to an SEC filing on Monday.
That would represent a jump of 55% from his 2018 pay. Here’s how.. The Wrap - Published
· CBS and Viacom have agreed to reunite, creating another US media powerhouse that could be better positioned to compete with Netflix and media giants Disney and Comcast.
· The deal-making may not.. Business Insider - Published
· CBS and Viacom are already plotting their next acquisition, execs at the two companies suggested on a call this week.
· Business Insider talked to M&A experts about what media, advertising, and.. Business Insider - Published
CBS and Viacom are set to become a potential powerhouse in streaming, rivaling Netflix. But where Netflix focuses on building a universal library of originals, ViacomCBS is set to.. The Verge - Published
· Viacom's Bob Bakish is rising in power. He has been chosen to lead ViacomCBS, the new company that would be created through the proposed merger of media companies CBS and Viacom.
· Some Viacom.. Business Insider - Published