The Trump administration plans to unveil a tax cut plan in mid-2020, a top White House adviser said on Friday, saying it would be targeted to giving significant relief to the middle class. Reuters - Published
President Donald Trump has announced that the country's middle class can expect a tax cut next year. "We are working on a tax cut for the middle-income people that is going to be very, very.. RTTNews - Published
Watch VideoThe U.S. budget deficit climbed past $1 trillion in the first 11 months of the 2019 fiscal year.
According to the most recent numbers from the Treasury Department, the deficit rose by.. Newsy - Published
Here is what you need to know.
1. *South Korea's Moon and Donald Trump are expected to meet at the United Nations this month amid hopes for new North Korea talks*. The announcement came days after.. Business Insider - Published
Watch VideoThe House of Representatives has passed three pieces of legislation this week to ban oil and gas drilling in certain areas of the U.S.
On Thursday, the House approved the Arctic Cultural.. Newsy - Published
Amid intense lobbying for a reduction in goods and services tax (GST), the government is expected to send a message that a tax cut is only possible if the compensation cess on luxury and sin goods such.. IndiaTimes - Published
President Donald Trump is scheduled to meet with economic aides Wednesday to discuss the possibility of cutting the tax on capital gains by indexing them to inflation, a person familiar with the matter.. Newsmax - Published
Watch VideoYou know the old joke: "Economic forecasters assume everything, except responsibility."
Ouch. It's true that financial predictions can be imprecise, but they can get even wobblier when.. Newsy - Published
· *The economy lifted more Americans from poverty in 2018 but failed to drive broader economic progress across households.*
· *Median incomes were essentially flat after three years of growth last.. Business Insider - Published
by John Stanton "The Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan required major shifts in national resources from civilian to military purposes and contributed to the growth of the budget deficit and public debt... PRAVDA - Published
· The US Justice Department has opened an investigation into Ford, VW, Honda, and BMW after the automakers signaled their intent to follow a California standard for vehicle emissions.
· President.. Business Insider - Published
· *Offering the latest official snapshot of the economy weeks after a key recession warning flashed, the US jobs report out Friday showed hiring slowed but remained solid in August.*
· *The Labor.. Business Insider - Published
· Late financier Jeffrey Epstein pursued an far-fetched plan to study people's DNA from one of his homes in the US Virgin Islands.
· Epstein, a convicted sex offender, died by suicide in a Manhattan.. Business Insider - Published
These days the business press is full of predictions of recessions. This could get people worried, except that the track record of economists in predicting recessions is basically awful. As much fun as.. Eurasia Review - Published
The steep decline in sales to dealers is worrying industry executives who are renewing calls for a tax cut on cars, two-wheelers and trucks while auto analysts are cutting their sales forecasts for the.. IndiaTimes - Published
· *The Trump administration is looking into a proposal that would lower taxes by the same amount it has taken in from tariffs, according to a congressional aide.*
· *The proposal comes as the US's.. Business Insider - Published
· *Central banks in some of the world's largest economies are gearing up to deploy new monetary stimulus to stave off a brewing global recession. *
· *But that stimulus might not be enough to.. Business Insider - Published
The National Party is floating a cut to New Zealand's 28 per cent company tax rate among a suite of possible tax changes it would promise going into the 2020 election."New Zealand has one of the.. New Zealand Herald - Published
President Donald Trump tweeted on Saturday that middle-class Americans can expect a tax cut if they re-elect him and his party keeps the Senate and retakes the lower chamber on Capitol Hill.In France.. Newsmax - Published
President Trump has sent a series of mixed messages this week. First, on gun control. He reportedly told the NRA’s chief executive that he would not support universal background checks for gun.. CBS News - Published
Trump economic adviser Larry Kudlow told reporters outside the White House on Thursday the economy is in good shape and there are no stimulus tax cuts in the near future. The White House had floated.. USATODAY.com - Published
President Trump has sent mixed messages on several major issues this week, including gun control and a payroll tax cut. CBS News White House correspondent Weijia Jiang and The Hill's Julia Manchester.. CBS News - Published
· *US corporations repurchased stock at the slowest pace in 18 months in the second quarter, signaling a key safety net of the 10-year equity bull market could be fading.*
· *Stock buybacks by S&P.. Business Insider - Published
· *Several of the economic indicators the Trump administration showed off in a September briefing have since fallen from their highs, New York Times reporter Jim Tankersley first wrote Tuesday.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
Here's the latest for Thursday August 22nd: Trump says no payroll tax cut; Inslee out of presidential race; Planned Parenthood leaves federal program, warns of consequences; 10 escaped California plane.. USATODAY.com - Published