Amid the coronavirus crisis, many ad buyers, deeming the news too negative to appear next to, are adding virus-related keywords to brand safety tools that let them automatically filter the hottest news..
Apple says that it is OK to clean our iPhone and iPads with Clorox disinfecting wipes, which have been approved by the Centers for Disease Control. The Wall Street Journal tested the advice by wiping..
· The $1 billion in cash Airbnb announced Monday that it has raised likely won't last the company very long.
· Even before the coronavirus epidemic hit, the travel startup was losing money; thanks.. Business Insider - Published
By Rajeshwari Krishnamurthy*
On April 4, Afghanistan’s National Directorate of Security (NDS) announced that Aslam Farooqui, the chief of the Islamic State ‘Khorasan Province’ (ISKP) had been.. Eurasia Review - Published
At least one-quarter of the U.S. economy has suddenly gone idle amid the coronavirus pandemic, an analysis conducted for The Wall Street Journal shows, an unprecedented shutdown of commerce that.. Bangkok Post - Published
· *The Federal Reserve announced Monday it will begin buying debt backed by the Small Business Administration's Payroll Protection Program.*
· *The facility will create a new market for the SBA.. Business Insider - Published
The Tampa Bay Rays' home opener last week was put off due to the coronavirus pandemic, but even if the 2020 season eventually gets going as the virus subsides, it may not be a good one for the team... bizjournals - Published
· The novel coronavirus continues to cripple the global demand for oil, driving down the price to 17-year lows.
· Oil companies are among those that will be hurt the most. The breakeven oil price.. Business Insider - Published
In the span of weeks, Zoom Video Communications Inc. has gone from connecting employees and businesses with its videoconferencing tech to providing lifelines for communities stuck indoors due to the.. bizjournals - Published
Hallmark Cards Inc. is cutting pay for corporate employees and furloughing other employees as it girds to get through the coronavirus pandemic. The Kansas City-based greeting card giant said it is.. bizjournals - Published
Movie theater seat manufacturer VIP Cinemas will shut down after economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic made its restructuring plan impossible, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing.. bizjournals - Published
· *The hedge-fund billionaire Bill Ackman turned a $27 million position into a $2.6 billion windfall as the coronavirus outbreak dragged stocks to multiyear lows and threatened deep economic.. Business Insider - Published
Photo by Kena Betancur/Getty Images
Appearing before a background that said “we care” over an image of a heart-shaped planet Earth, Zoom CEO Eric S. Yuan said Sunday on CNN that despite the.. The Verge - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — Two months ago, the United States and China signed an interim “Phase 1'' trade deal, signaling a cease-fire in the trade war between the world's two biggest economies. China.. SeattlePI.com - Published
(Natural News) The deadly effects of Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) on the United States are looking a lot more like the epicenter of the pandemic: China. As The Wall Street Journal reported Friday, the.. NaturalNews.com - Published
(RFE/RL) — Pakistan’s foreign minister says the government in Islamabad will file an appeal against a court decision overturning the conviction of the British-born Islamic militant accused.. Eurasia Review - Published
Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl, who was looking into jihadi terrorism, was beheaded on camera in early 2002. The Pakistani prosecutor is appealing the ruling to his country's supreme court. NPR - Published
· Apple has begun offering a $100 reimbursement to store employees working from home and a new mental health benefit.
· The benefits signal that Apple is continuing to invest in its retail workforce.. Business Insider - Published
· *Under the stimulus, many Americans would receive $1,200 from the federal government to bolster their finances.*
· *The government has twice before sent checks to Americans who had filed tax.. Business Insider - Published
· The economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic threatens to wipe out many different kinds of jobs in the US, not just in hospitality and travel but also in spaces including sports and.. Business Insider - Published
Wall Street Journal reporter Pearl, 38, was investigating Islamist militants in the city of Karachi, the capital of Sindh, after September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States when he was kidnapped.. Zee News - Published
The Trump administration is expected to use coronavirus relief funds to pay hospitals that treat uninsured patients with the novel coronavirus as long as they do not bill them or issue unexpected.. Reuters - Published
Rome, Italy, Apr 3, 2020 / 10:01 am (CNA).- The bishop at the epicenter of Italy’s coronavirus outbreak has said churches are serving as makeshift mortuaries as there are so many dead bodies “you.. CNA - Published
· *President Donald Trump blasted 3M in a tweet on Thursday night, suggesting the maker of N95 respiratory masks was dropping the ball as novel coronavirus rages across the US.*
· *"We hit 3M hard.. Business Insider - Published
A Pakistani court on Thursday commuted the death sentence of the main person accused in the 2002 kidnapping and murder of an American Wall Street Journal reporter, Daniel Pearl, and acquitted three..... WorldNews - Published
Reigning World and Olympic all-around gymnastics champion Simone Biles says coping with the mental strain of waiting another year for the Tokyo Olympics will take a heavy toll by 2021. Biles, who.. Mid-Day - Published
Watch VideoThe NFL is in its off-season, but the New England Patriots are helping fight the coronavirus pandemic where they can. The football team's plane delivered more than 1 million N95 masks to.. Newsy - Published
(RFE/RL) — A Pakistani court has overturned a death sentence and murder conviction imposed on a British-born militant over the 2002 killing of American journalist Daniel Pearl.
Defense lawyer.. Eurasia Review - Published
The overturning by a Pakistani court of the convictions of four men in the 2002 kidnapping and murder of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl is "an affront to victims of terrorism everywhere," a.. Reuters - Published Also reported by •Reuters India
Watch VideoIn Italy, the days begin with tributes and moments of silence for the fallen. The country's official coronavirus death count tops 13,000 people. That's the highest of any country in the.. Newsy - Published
· WeWork cofounder Adam Neumann just lost his billionaire status, according to Bloomberg.
· The ousted CEO is now worth between $450 million and $750 billion, based on estimates from Forbes and.. Business Insider - Published
A Pakistani court on Thursday commuted the death sentence of the main person accused in the 2002 kidnapping and murder of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl, and acquitted three other co-accused.. Reuters - Published Also reported by •Reuters India
· WeWork publicly filed to go public in August, but has since shelved its IPO after investors flagged concerns over its business and cofounder Adam Neumann.
· Neumann has been at the helm of the.. Business Insider - Published
The Patriots custom plane, landing in Atlanta in 2019 for Super Bowl LIII. | Photo by Rachel Bowers / The Boston Globe via Getty Images
If you had “NFL team plane brings N95 masks from China to.. The Verge - Published
· This story was delivered to Business Insider Intelligence Connectivity & Tech Briefing subscribers earlier this morning.
· To get this story plus others to your inbox each day, hours before.. Business Insider - Published
· *Valiant Capital Management, a hedge fund led by Chris Hansen, has gained 36% year-to-date through the end of March, The Wall Street Journal's Juliet Chung reported Thursday.*
· *In the same.. Business Insider - Published
*NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / April 2, 2020 /* Looking for a job or deciding what to do with our lives is one of the most stressful and anxious positions to be in. There are many routes that anyone.. Accesswire - Published
With all its theaters shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic, Leawood-based AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. now has seen its lenders hire lawyers who specialize in restructuring as the world’s.. bizjournals - Published
· Hedge funds have, on average, weathered the market turmoil caused by novel coronavirus relatively well — with a few types of funds producing some of their best returns in years.
· But liquidity.. Business Insider - Published