The owner of a moblie home park in springfield is looking to redevelop the land within the next ten years..
And residents of the park came out in mass to a public hearing to fight against it.
Thanks for joining us..
I'm chynna greene.
In our top story tonight---kezi 9 news reporter tyler jones shows us what the owner could be planning..
And how residents say they could be impacted.
Tyler jones says, "chynna, during that meeting earlier this evening, representatives of the owner of patrician mobile home park in springfield said the plan right now is not to force these people out of their homes.
But, residents of that mobile home park say even forcing them out in the future could be detrimental."
"approval of the plan amendment would create for the city of springfield a new mixed-use designated site that's 13 acres in size."
That property on game farm road holds 81 mobile or manufactured homes.
Bishow acknowledged that while those residents wouldn't have to move immediately..
The owner of the park wants to redevelop the area within the next ten years.
And residents at the meeting..
Who live in that 55 years or older park..
Are asking the city to save their homes.*no lowe* "there's seniors aging up to 90 years old, varying disabilities, veterans, and uprooting a senior community is just devastating.
It's hard to imagine where these people can go and it's a springboard for homelessness."
Tyler jones says, "members of the city planning commission will take the feedback they got tonight and use that in their next meeting on may 21st to draft a recommendation for the city council.
The city council will have their own public hearing on this matter on june 3 at 7 p.m.