U.S. consumer prices plunged in April by the most since the Great Recession. As Fred Katayama reports, a drop in demand for gasoline and services as Americans stayed home during the coronavirus crisis..
Stock markets rallied on Monday as the Bank of Japan added more stimulus to cushion the impact of the coronavirus and investors cheered news more countries were easing lockdowns, though the oil price..
Reuters reports US energy companies are scrambling for cash and face likely restructuring.
Shale producers, refiners and pipeline companies are struggling under heavy debt loads amid the worst crisis..
· *The stock market can still set new record highs in 2020 thanks to fresh risk-on attitude and the Federal Reserve's stimulus, Wharton finance professor Jeremy Siegel said Tuesday.*
· *If a second.. Business Insider - Published
· Global stocks are mixed Wednesday as investors weigh rising US-China tensions and the growing implications of a new draconian law on Hong Kong, while Europe awaits the launch of a major new stimulus.. Business Insider - Published
· *Oil prices experienced a wild ride in recent months as a global price-war and a slide to negative levels shook the market.*
· *The world's most-traded commodity has mostly rebounded in May from.. Business Insider - Published
The downturn in the U.S. oil industry could lead to more than US$24 billion of lost GDP for Texas alone, if oil prices remain in the $30s, Ed Hirs, Energy Fellow at the University of Houston, told.. OilPrice.com - Published
This TSX energy stock is well placed compared to peers if the crude oil price drops again. Its dividends and valuation stand tall in the sector.
The post 1 TSX Energy Stock to Take Shelter With as.. Motley Fool - Published
The state of Texas collected at least US$13.4 billion in the form of royalties and taxes from the oil and gas industry last year, just before the oil price crash, the Houston Chronicle reported on.. OilPrice.com - Published
The oil price collapse is hurting not only U.S. shale firms and their drilling activities. The crash has severely crippled the royalty payments to a dozen million American oil and gas royalty owners of.. OilPrice.com - Published
Little-known Chinese hedge funds are betting big on an oil price recovery on the Shanghai-traded yuan-denominated oil futures and are set to fill up all available storage for delivery of those futures.. OilPrice.com - Published
On April 20, the West Texas Intermediate crude benchmark did not just fall below zero, it plummeted to negative $37.63 a barrel. This stunning price crash was the result of a months-long series of.. OilPrice.com - Published
Mexico's state-owned oil company Petroleos Mexicanos has seen investor sentiment improve in recent weeks despite sky-high debts, a slump in demand and no clear direction about how the government will.. Reuters - Published
[This Day] Abuja and Lagos -Nigeria's oil revenue target fell by N125.52 billion in the first quarter (Q1, 2020) to N940.91 billion, according to figures released yesterday by Minister of Finance, Mrs... allAfrica.com - Published
Recently, Iran sent five super-tankers carrying oil and gasoline to Venezuela. The products being carried by these Iranian tankers are estimated to be worth $45.5 million and in exchange the Venezuelan.. Eurasia Review - Published
· In the past, private-equity firms focused on energy have used a simple approach to investing: "Buy on the dip."
· But after the last downturn, starting around 2014, many of those investors got.. Business Insider - Published
· *US stocks edged higher on Thursday after jobless claims for the week ended May 16 reached 2.4 million.*
· *The Labor Department's latest data brings the metric's nine-week total to nearly 39.. Business Insider - Published
S&P/ASX 200 (INDEXASX:XJO) failed to hold on to this morning’s gains of 0.7%, with the index falling by 0.4% or 22.6 points to 5,550. However, the index remains on track to record its fourth.. Proactive Investors - Published
*STAX aims to provide a middle ground where financial opportunities are globally accessible by leveraging the technological innovations brought about by blockchain technology with the right regulatory.. Accesswire - Published
Whitebark Energy Ltd (ASX:WBE) will increase production at its Wizard Lake Oilfield Project in Canada from a low-base owing to the oil price strengthening to US$30. The company also remains.. Proactive Investors - Published
Even before the latest slew of announcements regarding the agreement by Saudi Arabia’s flagship oil and gas company, Aramco, to acquire a 70 percent stake in the Kingdom’s key petrochemicals.. OilPrice.com - Published
First, it was an oil price war that pummeled benchmarks into the ground. Then it was the coronavirus outbreak that swelled to a pandemic. Now, a third plague is coming for the oil industry, and it.. OilPrice.com - Published
The last few days have seen money rushing back into oil, with all crude benchmarks climbing furiously, including Brent showing a 14 percent week over week increase, rebounding from a short-lived dive.. OilPrice.com - Published
The oil price collapse will result in one-third of the North Sea oil left untouched because it will be uneconomical to produce, a new study from the University of Aberdeen showed on Wednesday... OilPrice.com - Published
· With no sport to watch live and bet on, gamblers are resorting to playing the stock market for a quick fix during the coronavirus pandemic.
· That's according to the Financial Times, which.. Business Insider - Published
*LONDON, UK / ACCESSWIRE / May 20, 2020 / *In April 2020, Hurricane Energy (LSE:HUR) provided an update on Lancaster early production system (EPS) data gathered since first oil. The company announced.. Accesswire - Published
Original-Research: SFC Energy AG - von First Berlin Equity Research GmbH
Einstufung von First Berlin Equity Research GmbH zu SFC Energy AG
Unternehmen: SFC Energy AG
Anlass.. EQS Group - Published
JAKARTA, May 20, 2020 - (ACN Newswire) - Wintermar Offshore Marine (WINS:JK) returned to profitability during 1Q2020 with Owned Vessel Revenue up 18% YoY to US$9.9 million, and gross profit of US$1.28.. ACN Newswire - Published
The government formation in Iraq under the new Prime Minister after two failed attempts is surely a welcome development amidst the pandemic crisis for requisite response of the violence-torn country... Eurasia Review - Published
The crude oil price has hit a 2 month high jumping 30% since Monday, 11 May. These 3 ASX 200 energy shares are likely see share prices rise.
The post 3 ASX 200 energy shares to buy before crude oil.. Motley Fool - Published
Rising jet fuel prices could potentially thwart Air Canada’s recovery before it even begins to take shape.
The post Is Air Canada (TSX:AC) Going to Get Swept Up in the Oil Price Recovery? appeared.. Motley Fool - Published
Shares in Saudi oil giant Aramco have recovered to levels not seen since Saudi Arabia launched the oil price war in early March, becoming the first major oil firm to regain its market value since oil.. OilPrice.com - Published Also reported by •Business Insider
· *US stock indexes traded mixed on Tuesday as investors weighed earnings report from retail giants like Walmart and Home Depot.*
· *Oil continued to rally, with West Texas Intermediate crude.. Business Insider - Published
· *Oil demand in China has almost recovered to pre-pandemic levels, Bloomberg reported. *
· *Consumption has rebounded to about 13 million barrels per day, compared to 13.7 million barrels in.. Business Insider - Published