· *The Federal Reserve ended the week with yet another attempt to calm money markets and an announcement that more injections were on the way.*
· *The central bank pumped another $75 billion into.. Business Insider - Published
Markets were struggling to digest a raft of central bank policy decisions on Thursday, after the U.S. Fed cut rates, the BOJ and the BOE kept their powder dry - but Norway hiked. David Pollard reports.
Real Money Stock of the Day FedEx reported adjusted earnings per share of $3.05 for the quarter, missing analyst expectations of $3.15, though revenue of $17.04 billion met estimates. Why is the stock..
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The 2019 BET “Hip Hop Awards” will return to the Cobb Energy Center in Atlanta, GA, hosted by comedian, actor and entertainer Lil Duval with the broadcast premiere on.. Business Wire - Published
· *Global growth is expected to slow this year to a pace not seen since the financial crisis, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development said Thursday.*
· ** The US-China trade.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — Despite all of his attacks on the Federal Reserve, President Donald Trump says Chairman Jerome Powell's job is safe.
Asked in an interview with Fox News if Powell's job was safe,.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times •Politico
· *The Federal Reserve jumped into financial markets for a third straight day Thursday in another attempt to keep interest rates from moving higher.*
· *The central bank has injected a total of $203.. Business Insider - Published
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regroup Telehealth, a telepsychiatry company, and the Illinois Primary Health Care Association (IPHCA) today announced a joint partnership aimed at expanding access to.. Business Wire - Published
· The Federal Reserve cut its fed funds rate on Wednesday by 25 basis point to a range of 1.75% to 2%
· *In response, banks across the US reduced their prime lending rate to 5% from 5.25%.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
U.S. President Donald Trump said Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell's job is safe, even though he was "not thrilled" with the central bank after it moved to lower interest rates by a quarter of a.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters •Newsmax •FXstreet.com
Here is what you need to know.
1. *US stocks are set to drop after the Fed's 'hawkish shift' tempers hopes for further rate cuts.* Fed Chair Jerome Powell cut the benchmark rate by 25 basis points.. Business Insider - Published
· *US futures fell while European and Asian equities rose on Thursday after the Federal Reserve trimmed interest rates to counter slowing global growth and the US-China trade war.*
· *Fed Chair.. Business Insider - Published
BANGKOK (AP) — Shares were mixed in Asia on Thursday, with Tokyo and Sydney logging modest gains after the Federal Reserve cut its benchmark interest rate for a second time this year, citing slowing.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Watch VideoOn Wednesday, the Federal Reserve slashed interest rates for just the second time since the 2008 recession. The central bank set the new rate at between 1.75% and 2%. The move.. Newsy - Published
WASHINGTON — A sharply divided Federal Reserve cut its benchmark interest rate Wednesday for a second time this year but declined to signal that further rate cuts are likely this year.
The Fed’s.. SFGate - Published
WASHINGTON - The US central bank cut its benchmark interest rate for the second time this year on Wednesday, and Federal Reserve chief Jerome Powell vowed to do whatever is needed to keep the economy.. Bangkok Post - Published
Major U.S. stock indexes closed mostly higher Wednesday after the Federal Reserve delivered an expected cut in interest rates.
Stocks initially fell after the Fed announcement, which revealed.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Tucked into Fed Chair Jerome Powell's news conference on Wednesday was a not-so-subtle message for President Donald Trump: the economy is holding up because the U.S. central bank has acted to support.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters
The S&P 500 and the Dow reversed losses to close higher on Wednesday and U.S. Treasury yields slipped after remarks by Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell tempered the market's initial reaction to the.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters
US blue chips ended modestly higher Wednesday having receovered from an initial slump after the Federal Reserve, as expected, cut US interest rates by 25 basis points for the second time this year but.. Proactive Investors - Published
· *Stocks finished mixed on Wednesday after the Federal Reserve delivered a highly anticipated cut to its benchmark interest rate.*
· *US indexes sank further into negative territory following.. Business Insider - Published
· *Central bank independence is widely seen as essential to a healthy economy and financial markets.*
· *But Judy Shelton, a likely nominee for a top position at the Federal Reserve, has repeatedly.. Business Insider - Published