AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster Business Insider Aaron Terrazas is the director of economic research at Convoy, a digital freight network. He says that, for the millions of truckers around the United States,..
From over a dozen passengers on domestic Indian flights found to be infected, to Karnataka placing a complete travel blockade on people from 5 states - here are the top ten news updates on the Covid-19..
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 04:15Published
The German economy is likely to shrink by 6.6% this year as a consequence of the coronavirus crisis before growing by 10.2% in 2021, the Ifo Institute said on Thursday in its latest update. Ciara Lee..
The European Commission on Wednesday unveiled a plan to borrow on the market and then disburse to EU countries 750 billion euros in grants and loans to help them recover from their coronavirus slump...
Britain's inflation rate sank in April to its lowest since August 2016 as the coronavirus pandemic pushed down global oil prices and clothing stores slashed prices, bolstering the prospect of more Bank..
Equity benchmark indices gained for the second consecutive day on Wednesday as heavy buying was witnessed in pharma and financial stocks. The BSE SandP Sensex closed 622 points or 2.06 per cent higher..
(Part 1 of 2) It's been an intense allergy season, and trying to figure out if your symptoms are allergies or COVID-19 is making many people feel anxious and stressed. We'll explore the key differences..
U.S. air travel down almost 90% from a year ago. A ghostly emptiness at Hawaii's tourist hotels. Deserted Las Vegas casinos counting the days to reopening.
Few sectors of the economy have endured as.. SeattlePI.com - Published
*Internet of Things (IoT) security product market players are investing in the development of digital infrastructure for network security to sustain growth post the end of the COVID-19.. Accesswire - Published
· *The Federal Reserve is poised to implement stricter forward guidance and yield-curve control in September as the US economic rebound faces new challenges, Bank of America said Tuesday.*
· *The.. Business Insider - Published
· The Congressional Budget Office on Monday lowered its projection for 2020-2030 US economic output, signaling it may take the US economy nearly a decade to recover from the coronavirus.. Business Insider - Published
· *Famed investor Michael Novogratz tweeted on Monday that bitcoin will soon take out the $10,000 resistance level, telling his followers, "Get on the train."*
· *Novogratz said that turmoil.. Business Insider - Published
· *Amazon raised $10 billion in corporate debt markets Monday, including a $1 billion bond yielding just 0.4%.*
· *The Financial Times reported that this was the lowest interest rate for any bond in.. Business Insider - Published
HONG KONG and SHANGHAI, June 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China, Ltd. (hereafter "Ping An" or the "Group", HKEx:2318; SSE:601318) announces that according to the SME.. PR Newswire Asia - Published
· BTIG's chief strategist Julian Emanuel warned investors to prepare for a 15-20% pullback in stocks, saying that widespread protests in the US have added to "menu of uncertainties" in the market.
·.. Business Insider - Published
*MEMPHIS, TN / ACCESSWIRE / June 2, 2020 /* ATWEC Technologies, Inc. (OTC PINK:ATWT), a US-based technology company specializing in child safety, is pleased to announce its new KV-X, a COVID-19 UV.. Accesswire - Published
· *Experts disagree on whether the recent stock rally is overblown or set to continue.*
· *"We definitely feel that the markets are way ahead of reality," Citigroup executive Manolo Falco told.. Business Insider - Published
Chinese state-owned companies have suspended the purchases of American food in response to Washington's decision to strip Hong Kong of its privileged bilateral trade status. The development of this.. PRAVDA - Published
Here's what you need to know before the markets open.
1. *Global stocks jump as analysts say widespread protests in the US will have 'little to no effect' on markets**.* "Other than insurance and.. Business Insider - Published
· *The French government has cut its annual GDP forecast to -11% from -8% this year, in anticipation of a deeper recession than expected triggered by the coronavirus pandemic.*
· *"The economic.. Business Insider - Published
· Germany could launch a fresh package of stimulus of as much as 100 billion euros ($112 billion) to defend against the coronavirus, Bloomberg reported, just days after the EU proposed a 750 billion.. Business Insider - Published
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AM Best has assigned a negative market segment outlook to the Spanish life insurance market. Key supporting factors include AM Best’s expectation of a negative impact on.. Business Wire - Published
As dealerships reopen for the first time since lockdown, customers might expect better deals - but that may not be the case
Unless you move quickly and take advantage of dealers and manufacturers.. Autocar - Published
· *Stocks shrugged off mass protests to close higher on Monday because investors expect some companies to benefit, Jim Cramer said on "Mad Money" on Monday.*
· *"The stock market doesn't care about.. Business Insider - Published
· *Global stocks climbed on Tuesday as investors largely ignored mass protests in the US, threats from President Donald Trump to deploy military forces to quash the protests, and a backdrop of.. Business Insider - Published
DGAP-News: Aves One AG / Key word(s): Quarterly / Interim Statement
02.06.2020 / 08:30
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.*Aves One remains on the path of.. EQS Group - Published
The Government has scrapped fees for all apprentices from July 1 in a bid to maintain trades training through the Covid-19 recession.The $320 million programme aims to stave off a sharp drop in.. New Zealand Herald - Published
Watch VideoSarah Ladley was approved for emergency funding in the second round of the Paycheck Protection Program. But getting there was difficult.
Ladley’s food truck, Ba-nom-a-nom, specializes.. Newsy - Published
· Republican Rep. Kevin Brady unveiled a bill that would offer a $1,200 cash bonus for Americans going back to work.
· It would be equivalent to collecting two weeks of ramped-up unemployment.. Business Insider - Published
· *US stocks traded climbed on Monday as optimism around economic reopenings offset nationwide protests and new trade stresses between China and the US.*
· *A key measure of US manufacturing.. Business Insider - Published
· *Gun stocks surged through Monday's session after several of the weekend's police-brutality protests turned violent.*
· *Smith & Wesson climbed as much as 28%, while Taser-manufacturer Axon.. Business Insider - Published
· *A rolling GDP "nowcast" from the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta sees US growth shrinking 52.8% on the coronavirus' economic fallout.*
· *The estimate is down from a May 29 projection of -51.9%.. Business Insider - Published
· *The billionaire investor George Soros is known for making a series of predictions across topics as diverse as social-media networks, the Chinese economy, and Iranian politics.*
· *Markets Insider.. Business Insider - Published
· *Protests and lootings taking place across the US in response to the May 25 death of George Floyd in police custody could weigh on both markets and the economic recovery, according to.. Business Insider - Published
The nationwide uprising sparked by the murder of George Floyd and other recent racially-motivated events is a response to the bi-partisan failed state in which we live. It comes in the midst of the.. Eurasia Review - Published
· So-called momentum stocks that are popular because of their persistent price gains are trading with their highest volatility since the 2008 financial crisis, according to Morgan Stanley.
· This.. Business Insider - Published
· *British hedge-fund boss Crispin Odey is one of the most influential and best-known fund managers in Europe.*
· *Odey Asset Management made a sizeable £115 million ($142 million) in just three.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. construction spending fell 2.9% in April with broad declines across all building activity as shutdowns hobbled projects and workers were told to stay home.
The Commerce.. SeattlePI.com - Published
*HONG** **KONG, CHINA / ACCESSWIRE / **June 1, 2020** /*In early 2020, a sudden financial crisis resulting from the COVID-2019 pandemic caused unprecedented panic and turmoil in the global financial.. Accesswire - Published
*As a majority of employees have been displaced to their homes amidst the virus spread, having a foolproof cloud communication platform solution is becoming a business essential.*
*DUBAI, UAE /.. Accesswire - Published
· *Some nations' strong fiscal positions and smooth reopenings are creating attractive opportunities to short the dollar, Goldman Sachs said in a Sunday note.*
· *The firm highlighted the Norwegian.. Business Insider - Published
Shaw Communications Inc. (TSX:SJR.B)(NYSE:SJR) is one of many dividend-growth stocks that TFSA investors should seek to own in a recession.
The post A Dividend-Growth Stock for Big Monthly TFSA.. Motley Fool - Published
SP Angel . Morning View . B01 06 20 Gold prices jump as riots weaken US dollar and new China security law on HK MiFID II exempt information – see disclaimer below Amur Minerals*.. Proactive Investors - Published
A run-down 120-year-old house has sold for $1.14 million in Auckland despite warnings that house prices are about to plunge because of the Covid-19 recession.The 124-square-metre bungalow at 10.. New Zealand Herald - Published