· Gavin Baker, managing partner and chief investment officer at Atreides Management, leans on past experience when building a framework designed to navigate the twists and turns of today's stock.. Business Insider - Published
Bond investor and DoubleLine Capital Chief Executive Jeffrey Gundlach said he believes the coronavirus selloff is not over yet and that the lows stocks hit in March will be surpassed in April due to.. Newsmax - Published
Here's what you need to know before the markets open.
1. *Warren Buffett could bail out airlines, hotels, and casinos as coronavirus ravages their revenues*. The billionaire investor is "circling.. Business Insider - Published
· *Stocks dropped on Wednesday as investors worried about the novel coronavirus outbreak in the US and a sharp slowdown in Asian manufacturing.*
· *President Donald Trump warned of a "very.. Business Insider - Published
· Two real estate investment funds have sued Royal Bank of Canada, alleging that it moved to "unlawfully seize" securities the funds had pledged as collateral for short-term loans known as repurchase.. Business Insider - Published
· David Kelly, chief global strategist for JPMorgan's asset management business, says stocks will do well even if the recovery from the recent market plunge is very slow.
· His optimism about stocks.. Business Insider - Published
· Goldman Sachs says companies with strong balance sheets are not only safe investments today, but also unexpectedly cheap.
· Companies with weaker balance sheets outperformed throughout the.. Business Insider - Published
US stocks have suffered their worst week since the financial crisis of 2008 as traders fear the coronavirus pandemic will plunge the US and other major economies into deep recessions. Belfast Telegraph - Published
Washington (AP) — The Federal Reserve announced late Wednesday that it will establish an emergency lending facility to help unclog a short-term credit market that has been disrupted by the viral.. SeattlePI.com - Published
The Philippine stock market on Thursday crashed 24% to its lowest in more than eight years after trading resumed following a two-day suspension and as the coronavirus pandemic rocked global investor.. Reuters India - Published
· The tech industry's supply chain has been disrupted by the coronavirus crisis.
· Starting in January, tech production in China slowed down — first because of the Lunar New Year celebrations,.. Business Insider - Published
The economic fallout from the pandemic continues to outpace the massive response from governments and central banks. (Bloomberg)—Financial markets spasmed, sending U.S. stocks down to levels in.. WorldNews - Published
Stocks sank 7 per cent on Wall Street on Wednesday, triggering another temporary halt to trading and wiping out the optimism and big gains sparked by Washington's promises for massive aid for the.. Sydney Morning Herald - Published Also reported by •The Age
Here's the latest for Monday March 16th: Stocks plunge as White House sees recession risk; Millions holed up at home in the U.S.; EU mulls 30-day travel ban due to coronavirus; Conservation center.. USATODAY.com - Published
The FTSE 100 dived to its lowest level since November 2011 after coronavirus fears drove another major sell-off, although the UK markets recovered some losses later in the session. Belfast Telegraph - Published
Stocks lost more than 7 per cent on Wall Street Monday as huge swaths of the economy come closer to shutting down due to the coronavirus outbreak, from airlines to restaurants. Emergency actions taken.. New Zealand Herald - Published
Stock markets and oil prices went into freefall Monday as interest rate cuts and fresh stimulus measures by central banks failed to lift confidence, with analysts warning that the USA's Federal Reserve.. France 24 - Published
New Zealand shares fell lower as investors reacted to new requirements that all travellers entering the country self-isolate for 14 days.The S&P/NZX fell 349.92 points, or 3.6 per cent, to 9,476.94... New Zealand Herald - Published
Stocks were slammed on Monday and the dollar battered after emergency rate cuts in the United States and New Zealand, and a raft of steps by policymakers worldwide failed to stem the rout in markets.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters
My Insider Inc. colleagues and I are now all working from home, and I expect many of you are too. I will admit that so far that it's been an adjustment. With that in mind, I want to start the.. Business Insider - Published
· *A new economic-growth estimate from JPMorgan projects that a recession will hit the US and European economies by July.*
· *The bank said its views of the coronavirus outbreak "have evolved.. Business Insider - Published
· *Oil is on track for its worst weekly performance since the financial crisis of 2008 amid a global price war between OPEC and its allies and market panic due to coronavirus. *
· *Brent.. Business Insider - Published
Round-up of South Korean financial markets: ** South Korean shares plunged to a near 10-year low on Friday, triggering circuit breakers on the main index for the first time in nearly two decades, as.. Reuters India - Published