In any other year, April 15 is tax day. For some, that means last-minute scrambling to submit their forms. While for others, it's a welcome end to a grueling process. This year, like so much else, that..
· Joe Farrington, 18, lives in the UK and posts fitness videos to his YouTube channel "Joe Fazer" with 139,000 subscribers.
· Farrington told Business Insider that he treats YouTube like a.. Business Insider - Published
· Shortages during the coronavirus pandemic show the danger of US companies reliance on supply chains in foreign countries.
· To ensure that this issue does not become a threat to our economic or.. Business Insider - Published
· Globe, an hourly home rental startup backed by Silicon Valley accelerator Y Combinator, said that it has completely reworked its business model during the pandemic-induced shelter-in-place orders.. Business Insider - Published
· *US stocks closed mixed on Friday, but the Dow Jones industrial average still posted its best week since the five-day period ended April 10.*
· *Investors were encouraged throughout the week as**.. Business Insider - Published
· A roughly $60 million block of private shares in Airbnb recent traded hands among institutional investors, sources have told Business Insider.
· The deal signals a possible pickup in activity.. Business Insider - Published
· *Housebuilding startup Atmos is trying to encourage tech workers to to relocate due to lockdowns.*
· *The startup launched a calculator showing workers in San Francisco Bay Are and other big.. Business Insider - Published
· The coronavirus pandemic is upending the advertising business, along with other swaths of the economy.
· Here is a breakdown of how the pandemic is impacting advertising, from layoffs and.. Business Insider - Published
· Democratic presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden criticized Amazon on Friday, saying the company "should start paying their taxes."
· "I don't think any company, I don't.. Business Insider - Published
· WeWork could collapse within years as its costs balloon and social-distancing measures sap demand for shared workspaces, real-estate investor Michael Franco said earlier this month.
· "In.. Business Insider - Published
· Investors may be underestimating the degree to which the enterprise software sector could be affected by the coronavirus crisis, experts told Business Insider.
· Many software makers have.. Business Insider - Published
· Apple TV Plus sign-ups in March and April were no greater than February sign-ups, according to the research company Antenna, suggesting that the streaming service's subscriber growth is slow.. Business Insider - Published
· *Billionaire investor Bill Ackman wants to cash in if Elon Musk relocates Tesla's headquarters.*
· *Ackman's Pershing Square fund owns almost 30% of Howard Hughes, a developer of.. Business Insider - Published
· Apple's latest iPhone software update includes a feature that could notify you of possible exposure to COVID-19.
· You can only use the feature and access notifications for it once you've.. Business Insider - Published
· Mark Zuckerberg said Facebook plans to allow half of its employees to work remotely within the next 5-10 years.
· The announcement is a major departure from the firm's growth strategy in recent.. Business Insider - Published
· Microsoft's latest tactic to boost its cloud business is to put more effort into winning over developers.
· The company's Build developer conference this week showcased how Microsoft ramping up.. Business Insider - Published
· *The Mall of America, the biggest mall in the US, has missed two months of payments on a $1.4 billion commercial mortgage-backed security, Bloomberg reported Thursday, citing a filing by Wells.. Business Insider - Published
· Close to 800,000 people have created new brokerage accounts on 3 out of 4 of America's top brokerage platforms since the coronavirus pandemic hit the country.
· That means tons of new people are.. Business Insider - Published
· *Baidu is exploring the possibility of delisting its stock from the Nasdaq exchange and moving to an exchange closer to China to boost its valuation, Reuters reported on Thursday.*
· *The Chinese.. Business Insider - Published
· US jobless claims for the week ending May 16 totaled 2.4 million, the Labor Department said Thursday. That matched the median economist estimate of 2.4 million claims.
· That raises the.. Business Insider - Published
· Night Media has signed the competitive eater and YouTube creator Matt Stonie (11 million YouTube subscribers) for exclusive representation.
· Night Media is a Dallas-based digital management.. Business Insider - Published
· Reports emerged earlier this month that Uber is looking to acquire food-delivery startup GrubHub.
· A group of four Democratic senators have written to the DOJ and FTC asking the agencies to.. Business Insider - Published
· *A survey of thousands of San Francisco Bay Area tech workers found that two-thirds would consider leaving the region if they had the option to work remotely permanently.*
· *The survey was.. Business Insider - Published
· Multiple people on Twitter said Tuesday night they had tried to call Citibank's customer support line, but were only met with the automated prompt: "Hello world. Weasels have eaten our phone.. Business Insider - Published
· *US investment-grade bond issuance topped $1 trillion on Tuesday as the corporate-credit market rebounds from March lows.*
· *High-grade issuance on Tuesday reached $11.2 billion across 11 deals,.. Business Insider - Published
· The median economist estimate for jobless claims in the week ending May 16 is 2.4 million, according to Bloomberg data. The Labor Department will release the official report Thursday.
· While it.. Business Insider - Published
· *The UK offered negative-yield bonds for the first time ever on Wednesday, ushering in a new market precedent as the debate around below-zero UK interest rates intensifies.*
· *Negatively yielding.. Business Insider - Published
· On Wednesday, the IT incident response platform FireHydrant announced an $8 million Series A funding round.
· Founder and CEO Robert Ross said he started FireHydrant because he had become.. Business Insider - Published
· *Applications to purchase a home increased 6% from the previous week, according to a Wednesday reading of the Mortgage Bankers Association's seasonally adjusted index. *
· *The index is only.. Business Insider - Published
· *Warren Buffett's disclosure that Berkshire Hathaway sold its airline stocks in April might be indirectly responsible for United Airlines scrapping a $2.3 billion bond issue this month.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Wednesday.
1. *Facebook is adding a new e-commerce feature called Shops to let businesses sell products through the social network... Business Insider - Published
· You can share a Facebook video on WhatsApp by copying and pasting a link or using link sharing on an Android device.
· Link sharing makes a copy of a website URL so that you can easily send.. Business Insider - Published
· Many YouTube creators have a talent manager who helps them secure major deals and diversify their online brands.
· The life of a YouTube talent manager can be exciting, with red carpet events and.. Business Insider - Published
· Trump's economic team is optimistic about a quick economic recovery.
· "I've been really positively impressed by how quickly things are turning around," said White House economic adviser Kevin.. Business Insider - Published
US stocks are fresh off their latest surge as vaccine progress emboldens risk-takers that have long been eager for signs of economic reopening. While US-China tensions are once again.. Business Insider - Published
· Brex, the 3-year-old fintech unicorn, raised an additional $150 million in equity funding from existing investors and Lone Pine Capital, the company announced Tuesday.
· The cash infusion raised.. Business Insider - Published
· Bret Arsenault, Microsoft's chief information security officer, says it was "a watershed moment when companies sent everyone home."
· "Within two weeks, we went from a largely on-premise workforce.. Business Insider - Published
· You can share a business page on Facebook via private message or by posting to your timeline, another page group, or an event page.
· The process to share a business page on Facebook works.. Business Insider - Published
· Nobel laureate Joseph Stiglitz said in a Monday interview with Bloomberg Television that US unemployment is likely to remain elevated in the double-digits unless there is further government aid.
·.. Business Insider - Published
· TikTok has become a major driver of trends in the music industry in recent months.
· The short-form video app has proven to be both a launching-off platform for new songs and a place where older.. Business Insider - Published
· *As creative renditions of Tesla's planned Cybertruck flourish online, the city of Tulsa has a particularly strategic one.*
· *In a tweet, Tulsa, Oklahoma's mayor appeared to tell CEO Elon.. Business Insider - Published
· *You can restore your iPad from a backup by saving a backup to your Apple ID account, and then signing back into that Apple ID when you reset your iPad.*
· Many iPad devices will create backups.. Business Insider - Published
· *Windows 10 provides several ways to take screenshots of your entire computer screen, or just select parts of it.*
· *The fastest way to take a screenshot on Windows 10 is by pressing the "PrtScn".. Business Insider - Published
· *Tesla is reopening production at its Fremont, California factory this week, according to a letter obtained by the San Francisco Chronicle.*
· *The facility has been a point of contention between.. Business Insider - Published
· *On Monday, the European Securities and Markets Authority said that a number of countries lifted previous restrictions on short selling, The Wall Street Journal reported. *
· *The ban on.. Business Insider - Published
· "Quantamental" is gaining hype on Wall Street. It's a type of investing strategy that tries to blend the best of quant funds and fundamental analysis.
· Bringing the two disciplines together is a.. Business Insider - Published
· *Moderna announced on Monday that its early trial for its coronavirus vaccine produced antibodies in all patients. *
· *Shares of the company surged 29% on Monday. *
· *The company is.. Business Insider - Published
· Goldman Sachs predicts the Indian economy will shrink by an annualized 45% this quarter as the coronavirus pandemic takes a heavy toll.
· The bank's economists expect the nation's GDP to rebound.. Business Insider - Published
· A new group of electric-vehicle startups is preparing to release their debut vehicles in the coming years.
· But most electric-vehicle startups will go out of business within the next three years.. Business Insider - Published
· *Navinder Singh Sarao was arrested in 2015, accused of helping cause a $1 trillion market crash.*
· *Sarao was accused by the US government of manipulating markets by posting then canceling huge.. Business Insider - Published
· Electricity demand is projected to fall by 5% this year in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
· Coronavirus has caused near-term volatility among utility stocks, but Morgan Stanley says.. Business Insider - Published