Since the coronavirus pandemic began, videoconferencing for remote working, learning and social interaction has taken center stage, and so have companies that provide the service. Zoom has gone viral..
One of the hardest hit areas of the service food industry is the food truck business, but there are those answering the calling and letting you know they're open for business. Denver7's Lance Hernandez..
Credit: 7News - The Denver Channel Duration: 02:02Published
Officials in New York City have banned the video conferencing platform Zoom in its school over security concerns. The privacy concerns come after there has been an increasing amount of "Zoom bombings,"..
Police have issued a cyber security warning after a ‘Zoom-bombing’ hacker subjected around 60 youngsters taking part in an online fitness class to footage of child sex abuse.
The activity.. Devon and Cornwall Police - Published
· While some tech companies are still hiring developers, like Atlassian and Amazon Web Services, interviews are now conducted completely remotely because of COVID-19.
· Experts suggest that.. Business Insider - Published
Free Zoom accounts will get three more security features on May 9 as the company continues its efforts to boost privacy protections and fight abuse like Zoom-bombing …
The post Free.. 9to5Mac - Published
· People are relying on video call apps for business and staying in touch amid the COVID-19 outbreak, but some apps have privacy and security shortcomings.
· The privacy nonprofit Mozilla reviewed.. Business Insider - Published
· *Facebook just announced 50-person video chatrooms called Messenger Rooms.*
· The new Messenger Rooms have some features in common with other video calling apps, like Zoom and Houseparty.
· The.. Business Insider - Published
Watch VideoLet's face it — working from home is one thing. But playing from home? Yeah, that requires a little more imagination.
At the same time bros are beer pong-ing via broadband, there's.. Newsy - Published
· More than 300 million people joined Zoom meetings on April 21, up 50% from the beginning of the month, CEO Eric Yuan said in a webinar Wednesday.
· Zoom's surging popularity comes despite numerous.. Business Insider - Published
· Seeing a large face on a video call can make your brain think the person is close and trigger a "fight or flight" response, according to a researcher who studies how people interact with.. Business Insider - Published
Did your Zoom meeting just get hijacked? Well, you’ll soon be able to report the incident directly to the company.
The video conferencing service is adding a new “report a user to Zoom”.. Mashable - Published
A programmer named Ali Aliev recently developed a method for creating Deepfakes in real-time. To test the project, Aliev pretended to be celebrity billionaire Elon Musk and ‘accidentally’ wandered.. The Next Web - Published
· Government functions ranging from city hall meetings to supreme court cases have moved to video conferencing platforms like Zoom amid stay-at-home orders across the US brought on by COVID-19.
·.. Business Insider - Published
Scottish Swimming has apologized to its aquatic community after an online training session with its elite athletes was crashed by a 'zoom-bomber', who subjected around 300 participants to "disturbing.. Reuters - Published
Hundreds of thousands of Zoom accounts are being sold or given away for free on the dark web and hacker forums, according to a new report by BleepingComputer.
Zoom has surged in popularity in recent.. MacRumours.com - Published
· Zoom has skyrocketed in popularity over the past month, but a slew of security issues have come to light during its rise.
· Zoom is taking measures to address concerns like 'Zoom-bombing' and.. Business Insider - Published
There are reports that the video conference platform Zoom is being attacked by uninvited guests. The disruptions, dubbed "Zoom-bombing," have included racist, homophobic and anti-Semitic messages and.. SBS - Published Also reported by •USATODAY.com
· Google has banned the use of Zoom on employees' computers, according to a new report.
· The company alerted employees last week that it would disable the service, citing security.. Business Insider - Published
Zoom has serious loopholes when it comes to privacy, but it wasn't until the COVID-19 pandemic when it was finally exposed ... so claims one of its shareholders who is now suing. Michael Drieu, a Zoom.. TMZ.com - Published
· Video conferencing app Zoom has exploded in popularity over the past month as people have been looking for ways to stay in touch virtually while social distancing.
· But a number of security.. Business Insider - Published
· Former Facebook security chief Alex Stamos will be working with Zoom as an outside consultant to help it improve its privacy and security.
· The announcement comes after Zoom has encountered a.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — Ceri Weber had just begun to defend her dissertation when the chaos began: Echoes and voices interrupted her. Someone parroted her words. Then Britney Spears music came on, and.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· Zoom CEO Eric Yuan said the company "moved too fast" and made some errors about user privacy in an interview with CNN.
· Zoom has exploded in popularity in recent weeks as a growing number of.. Business Insider - Published