Global  

Celebrating 10 Years of Trusted News Discovery
One News Page
> > >

Injured Man City defender Laporte out for up to six months

Video Credit: Reuters - Sports - Duration: 01:06s - Published < > Embed
Injured Man City defender Laporte out for up to six months

Injured Man City defender Laporte out for up to six months

Manchester City defender Aymeric Laporte will be out for up to six months following knee surgery

0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 

Injured Man City defender Laporte out for up to six months

SHOWS: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UK (SEPTEMBER 13, 2019) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1.

(SOUNDBITE) (English) MANCHESTER CITY MANAGER PEP GUARDIOLA REPLYING TO QUESTION AS TO HOW LONG DEFENDER AYMERIC LAPORTE WILL BE OUT THROUGH INJURY, SAYING: "How long?

Not long, five months, six months." (REPORTER SAYS: "So not until next year maybe?) GUARDIOLA SAYING: "Yeah, yeah, next year sure, February, January, February, yeah." 2.

WHITE FLASH 3.

(SOUNDBITE) (English) GUARDIOLA SPEAKING ABOUT LEROY SANE, SAYING: "He's coming back before the end of the season so, he was injured in August so in January, December, January, maybe February, it could be perfect." 4.

WHITE FLASH 5.

(SOUNDBITE) (English) GUARDIOLA SPEAKING ABOUT THEIR NEXT OPPONENTS,

Class="kln">NORWICH CITY, SAYING: "They destroyed the Championship last season, they made incredible, they play (with) incredible courage, good build up, a lot of players inside the wingers.

(Teemu) Pukki is in top form, not just this season all his career bit especially last season and this season as well.

Good mentality, team spirit, I saw some behaves that they are altogether, the same, almost the same squad as last season so they deserve it to be here and of course I've never been in Norwich but the people told me how you know the atmosphere is incredible and tight, narrow pitch so after the international break always a mystery the way we are going to react and we are going to play." STORY: Manchester City defender Aymeric Laporte will be out for up to six months after undergoing surgery on his right knee, manager Pep Guardiola said on Friday (September 13).

French centre back Laporte damaged his cartilage and lateral meniscus in a challenge with Brighton and Hove Albion defender Adam Webster and was carried off in City's 4-0 league victory last month.

When asked how long Laporte will be out, Guardiola said: "Five months, six months.

Next year sure, January or February." Laporte made 35 league appearances during their title-winning campaign last term, with midfielder Bernardo Silva the only City outfield player to play more matches.

His injury leaves City with Nicolas Otamendi and John Stones as central defenders, following Vincent Kompany's departure to become the player-manager at Anderlecht at the end of last season.

Guardiola confirmed that winger Leroy Sane, who underwent surgery after damaging the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, could return early next year.

The 23-year-old Germany international suffered the injury in City's Community Shield victory over Liverpool in August.

The Premier League champions, who are second behind Liverpool, are away to newly-promoted Norwich City on Saturday (September 14).

(Production: Annette Faydenko)



Recent related news from verified sources

Kompany warns Man City against panic-buying defender in January

Former Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany has warned Pep Guardiola not to buy a new defender in...
SoccerNews.com - Published


You Might Like


Tweets about this


Recent related videos from verified sources

HK police officer shot witharrow during university siege [Video]HK police officer shot witharrow during university siege

HONG KONG — The battle for Hong Kong's democracy has taken to new heights as a police officer was shot by an arrow during a siege of Hong Kong's Polytechnic University campus in Hung Hom,..

Credit: TomoNews US     Duration: 02:06Published

China sends troops onto Hong Kong's street's to clean up after protests [Video]China sends troops onto Hong Kong's street's to clean up after protests

A city spokesman said it was a “voluntary community activity” by the People's Liberation Army, adding that the city government did not request assistance from the PLA, which has stayed confined to..

Credit: euronews (in English)     Duration: 01:00Published

Environmentally friendly: One News Page is hosted on servers powered solely by renewable energy
© 2019 One News Page Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer  |  Press Room  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Content Accreditation
 RSS  |  News for my Website  |  Free news search widget  |  In the News  |  DMCA / Content Removal  |  Privacy & Data Protection Policy
How are we doing? FeedbackSend us your feedback  |   LIKE us on Facebook   FOLLOW us on Twitter  •  FOLLOW us on Pinterest
One News® is a registered trademark of One News Page Ltd.