Global  

UK sees just 30%-40% chance of Brexit trade deal - The Times

WorldNews Friday, 4 September 2020 ()
UK sees just 30%-40% chance of Brexit trade deal - The TimesLONDON — Senior officials in British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s office see only a 30%-40% chance that there will be a Brexit trade agreement with the European...
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 
Video Credit: Reuters Studio - Published
News video: UK to EU: do Brexit deal soon, or we 'move on'

UK to EU: do Brexit deal soon, or we 'move on' 01:32

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has warned the EU he's prepared to walk away from Brexit talks if there's no free trade deal by mid-October. Julian Satterthwaite reports.

You Might Like


💡 One News Page Knowledge: Other News Mentions

Boris Johnson Boris Johnson Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

UK: Boris Johnson says new coronavirus restrictions may last six months [Video]

UK: Boris Johnson says new coronavirus restrictions may last six months

The prime minister has announced tighter restrictions and tougher fines, as the government tries to curb a surge in coronavirus cases.

Credit: Euronews English    Duration: 01:12Published
UK PM Johnson reimposes COVID measures [Video]

UK PM Johnson reimposes COVID measures

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson told people on Tuesday to work from home where possible and ordered bars and restaurants to close early to tackle a fast-spreading second wave of COVID-19 with restrictions lasting probably six months. Soraya Ali reports.

Credit: Reuters Studio    Duration: 01:41Published

Brexit Brexit The United Kingdom's withdrawal from the European Union

Brexit briefing: 100 days until the end of the transition period [Video]

Brexit briefing: 100 days until the end of the transition period

The UK left the European Union on January 31. Here we look at the latestfigures and key dates in the ongoing Brexit process.

Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO    Duration: 00:50Published
Theresa May insists she will not vote for controversial Brexit legislation [Video]

Theresa May insists she will not vote for controversial Brexit legislation

Theresa May has said she cannot support the United Kingdom Internal MarketBill.

Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO    Duration: 01:27Published
Theresa May insists she will not vote for Brexit legislation [Video]

Theresa May insists she will not vote for Brexit legislation

Theresa May has said she will not support the government’s controversial Brexit legislation, warning it will cause "untold damage" to the UK and threaten the future of the Union. The former prime minister accused the government of acting "recklessly and irresponsibly" without thinking of the long-term consequences by its willingness to breach international law. Report by Blairm. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn

Credit: ODN    Duration: 01:33Published

Theresa May 'cannot support' government's Brexit bill

The former PM argues the legislation will "damage trust", but ministers say it will protect the UK.
BBC News
Brexit briefing: 101 days until the end of the transition period [Video]

Brexit briefing: 101 days until the end of the transition period

The UK left the European Union on January 31. Here we look at the latestfigures and key dates in the ongoing Brexit process.

Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO    Duration: 00:50Published

London London Capital of the United Kingdom

Kate meets fellow parents in London park to discuss support during lockdown [Video]

Kate meets fellow parents in London park to discuss support during lockdown

The Duchess of Cambridge has met up with mothers in a London park to chatabout how they have been helping each other out during the pandemic. Theduchess – mother to Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis – wasgreeted in the autumn sunshine in the picturesque Old English Garden inBattersea Park, south London.

Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO    Duration: 00:38Published

On This Day: 22 September 1999

Diana Ross was arrested at London's Heathrow Airpiott. (Sept. 22)
 

USATODAY.com

Wigs: A new fashion trend for black men?

A start-up in London called New Fade is on a mission to make wigs cool, with a focus on young, black men.
BBC News
London mayor calls on PM to work with him on coronavirus [Video]

London mayor calls on PM to work with him on coronavirus

London Mayor Sadiq Khan has called on the prime minister to invite him to Tuesday's Cobra meeting and "work together" to tackle Covid-19. Boris Johnson will chair a Cobra emergency committee, which will include the leaders of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, but it is unclear as to whether Mr Khan will be invited. Report by Blairm. Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itn and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/itn

Credit: ODN    Duration: 01:18Published
Mother calls for son's killer to give her peace after brutal attack was 'put on Snapchat' [Video]

Mother calls for son's killer to give her peace after brutal attack was 'put on Snapchat'

A grieving mother whose son’s murder is thought to have been caught onSnapchat has called for his attacker to come forward, five years after hisbrutal killing. Mariama Baby Kamara’s second child Mohamed Dura-Ray wasstabbed to death in Kennington, south London, on September 14 2015, the nightbefore his mother’s 46th birthday.

Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO    Duration: 01:26Published

Related videos from verified sources

Biden warning for a US-UK post-Brexit trade deal [Video]

Biden warning for a US-UK post-Brexit trade deal

U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden warned the United Kingdom that it must honour the Northern Irish peace deal as it extracts itself from the European Union or there would be no U.S...

Credit: Reuters Studio     Duration: 01:11Published
Joe Biden warns UK: No US trade deal if Irish peace deal becomes 'casualty of Brexit' [Video]

Joe Biden warns UK: No US trade deal if Irish peace deal becomes 'casualty of Brexit'

The US presidential candidate's warning comes amid international dismay at the UK government's plan to overrule parts of the legally-binding EU divorce deal.

Credit: Euronews English     Duration: 02:49Published
Ursula von der Leyen: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement cannot be undone [Video]

Ursula von der Leyen: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement cannot be undone

Ursula von der Leyen has said that time is running out for an agreement to bestruck with the UK on a post-Brexit free trade deal. Mrs von der Leyen saidMargaret Thatcher had always insisted that the UK..

Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO     Duration: 01:21Published

Tweets about this

infomorsels

From Where I Sit RT @Blueequus775: With wildfires raging, record temps, melting glaciers, warming oceans, etc., the planet doesn’t need more meat! WTF. htt… 1 hour ago

815wrldtrvlr

815wrldtrvlr RT @EvanKirstel: Scientists create gene-edited animals as 'surrogate sires' ... https://t.co/uUjKLgVskf 2 hours ago

GenEngNetwork

GENetwork US/UK scientists create gene edited cattle with "surrogate sires" conditions — MercoPress https://t.co/oZFgpNbl2i 2 hours ago

EvanKirstel

Evan Kirstel #RemoteWork Scientists create gene-edited animals as 'surrogate sires' ... https://t.co/uUjKLgVskf 2 hours ago

ExitZeroZombie

Neil Cohen -Author Those who read #ExitZeroZombie trilogy know what comes next. Scientists create gene-edited animals as 'surrogate si… https://t.co/0JFo5UOA3n 4 hours ago

COGwriter

Bob Thiel Reuters: Scientists create gene-edited animals … to boost food production; COGwriter: Risk of famine and pestilence… https://t.co/Zj8g8VpGvB 5 hours ago

OsinugaSola

Sola Osinuga RT @FarmingUK: Researchers say the milestone could speed the spread of desirable characteristics in livestock and improve global food produ… 5 hours ago

chrisshea321

ChrisShea Scientists create gene-edited animals as 'surrogate sires' to boost food production. https://t.co/1dzSHamVmW 7 hours ago