By Jami T. Forbes*
On March 2, 2018, militants conducted near-simultaneous assaults on the French embassy and the military headquarters of Burkina Faso in Ouagadougou, the West African nation’s.. Eurasia Review - Published
Conservative commentator David Brooks labeled Sen. Bernie Sanders "the end of liberalism" in an opinion piece published by The New York Times on Friday, sparking anger in political pundits, who.. Mediaite - Published
Joe Biden has spent weeks telling audiences he was arrested in apartheid South Africa.
He claims he was arrested while trying to meet with Nelson Mandela.
There has been speculation from the New York..
On Tuesday, CDC official Dr. Nancy Messonnier urged "the American public to prepare for the expectation that this might be bad.". It’s not so much of a question of if this will happen in this country..
Nicolas Cage and a mystery woman were spotted holding hands in matching leather outfits as they checked out the actor's TOMB. The movie star and his female companion went to the famous cemetery in New..
Former movie producer Harvey Weinstein was convicted of sexual assault and rape by a New York jury on Monday and handcuffed in court, a milestone verdict for the #MeToo movement that inspired women to..
Apple has disabled the developer account of New York City-based facial recognition startup Clearview AI and provided the company with 14 days to respond for violating the rules of its enterprise.. MacRumours.com - Published
· Cases of the novel coronavirus may be concentrated in China, but the stock market losses are not.
· Bernard Arnault, the chairman of Louis Vuitton parent LVMH, lost $8.8 billion from his personal.. Business Insider - Published
· Amazon told employees on its worldwide operations team not to travel domestically or internationally due to concerns about the coronavirus outbreak, according to The New York Times.
· An Amazon.. Business Insider - Published
By John Feffer*
Donald Trump is all about boundaries. At a personal level, he doesn’t like touching strangers for fear of infection. Politically, he makes no long-lasting close alliances. And.. Eurasia Review - Published
· Mathematician and physicist Freeman Dyson has died at the age of 96, according to a press release issued by Princeton University.
· A former professor of physics at the Princeton Institute for.. Business Insider - Published
· Laurene Powell Jobs doesn't plan on leaving the $24 billion she inherited from her late husband Apple founder Steve Jobs to her children, she told The New York Times on Friday.
· Several other.. Business Insider - Published
· Laurene Powell Jobs, the widow of late Apple CEO Steve Jobs, isn't interested in "legacy wealth building," according to a new interview in The New York Times.
· "Steve wasn't interested in that... Business Insider - Published
· One of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs' most famous quotes,"Make a dent in the universe," has been misinterpreted, Jobs' wife and philanthropist Laurene Powell Jobs said to The New York Times.
· The.. Business Insider - Published
· *Former Google CEO Eric Schmidt urged the United States government to get more invested in the ongoing tech race between China and the US.*
· *In an op-ed published Friday morning in the New York.. Business Insider - Published
Photo by Bill O’Leary / The Washington Post via Getty Images
In 2018, a reporter at The Verge was viciously mobbed by bad faith attacks in an attempt to discredit her as she moved to a prestigious.. The Verge - Published
· Credit Karma, a startup that provides users with free credit scores, has been acquired by Intuit for $7.1 billion.
· We talked to two early investors in Credit Karma on why they bet on the.. Business Insider - Published
In an essay published by The New York Times, Lindsay Crouse details her reaction upon learning that Michael Polansky, whom she dated for seven years, has found new partner in the 'Shallow' hitmaker. AceShowbiz - Published
Are funds and subsidies from Brussels damaging democracy in Central Europe? Critics of populist regimes say yes.
By Tim Gosling
In the Czech Republic, a billionaire prime minister stands accused.. Eurasia Review - Published
Watch VideoVice President Mike Pence's office is reportedly now in charge of overseeing all government messaging related to the coronavirus.
People familiar with the matter told The New York.. Newsy - Published
Illustration by James Bareham / The Verge
US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Department of Justice, the FBI, Macy’s, and Best Buy are among the thousands of government agencies and.. The Verge - Published
At our currently fraught moment in American history, New York Times bestselling authors Dan Abrams and David Fisher have reached back in time to tell a story of turmoil at the founding of our nation.. Mediaite - Published
Fox News hosts and former Weekly Standard Editor-in-Chief Steve Hayes agreed on Outnumbered, Thursday, that President Donald Trump's lawsuit against the New York Times is not "serious" because he's.. Mediaite - Published
Watch VideoMilitary officials say a National Guard soldier could be just weeks away from becoming the first woman Green Beret in the country’s history.
The New York Times reports that the.. Newsy - Published
The New York Times is reporting that Dr. Antony Facui, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has told associates that he has received directions from the White House.. Mediaite - Published
· Leaders of Costa Mesa, California, are blocking COVID-19 patients from being transferred to a nearly-empty hospital in the Southern California city.
· A US district judge issued the restraining.. Business Insider - Published
Eric Schmidt has called on the US government to “get back in the game in a serious way” so that the country can maintain its lead over China in the AI arms race. In an op-ed for the New York Times,.. The Next Web - Published
The Trump campaign filed a libel suit on Wednesday against the New York Times over a 2019 opinion piece, but First Amendment scholars who spoke with TheWrap don’t believe the campaign has much of a.. The Wrap - Published
· Rich Barton, the founder and CEO of Zillow, became a billionaire after the homebuying site stock surged on a strong earnings report on February 20.
· Barton led Zillow — which is best known for.. Business Insider - Published
A few weeks ago, Lady Gaga revealed she had a new boyfriend when they were seen getting cozy together over Super Bowl 2020 weekend. He was revealed to be Parker Group CEO and Harvard University.. Just Jared - Published
· Mark Zuckerberg, Evan Spiegel, and the two Google cofounders were all already millionaires before they turned 30.
· Although those tech founders saw massive success from their first companies,.. Business Insider - Published
Ahead of Saturday’s South Carolina primary, “The Late Show” host Stephen Colbert and Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren decided to head to a bar for some food and.. The Wrap - Published
· *Following the 2016 US Presidential election, Facebook has faced persistent scrutiny from users and lawmakers over how it handles politics.*
· *The most recent controversy involves Facebook's.. Business Insider - Published
The New York Times released a deep-dive into what Democratic superdelegates and establishment leaders are thinking ahead of Super Tuesday and found that there is significant hesitation in putting up.. Mediaite - Published
Fox News judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano swatted away the Trump campaign's lawsuit against the New York Times, saying outright that it will be dismissed in an Thursday appearance on the president's.. Mediaite - Published
When the very first Coronavirus reports emerged, I had a suspicion that Iran would be a target of the world’s anger. The spread of Covid-19 to the Middle East was as inevitable as history because the.. WorldNews - Published
US President Donald Trump's re-election campaign has filed suit against The New York Times over an OpEd article about links to Russia. News24 - Published Also reported by •Eurasia Review •Deutsche Welle •Japan Today
Like a lot of you, Stephen Colbert was preoccupied with the looming threat of a coronavirus outbreak and during his monologue on Wednesday’s “The Late Show,” what he saw from Donald Trump.. The Wrap - Published
Watch VideoThe House overwhelmingly passed legislation that would classify lynching as a federal hate crime.
On Wednesday, the House voted 410-4 to approve the Emmett Till Antilynching Act. The.. Newsy - Published
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday more lawsuits would be filed against the New York Times after his re-election campaign said it was filing a libel suit over what it said was a false.. Reuters India - Published Also reported by •Reuters
Clive Cussler, the best-selling author of suspense and adventure novels such as “Sahara” and “Raise the Titanic,” died in his home in Scottsdale, Ariz. on Monday. He was 88.
His wife.. The Wrap - Published