Global  

Celebrating 10 Years of Trusted News Discovery
One News Page
> >

Ebola Treatment Center in DRC Attacked for a Second Time

Video Credit: Rumble - Duration: 03:08s - Published < > Embed
Ebola Treatment Center in DRC Attacked for a Second Time

Ebola Treatment Center in DRC Attacked for a Second Time

An Ebola treatment center in the Democratic Republic of Congo’s North Kivu province came under attack on March 9 ahead of a visit from the World Health Organization’s director general.

It was the second attack on the center.

The treatment center, in Butembo, had been closed for repairs following the earlier attack.

One person was killed in the March 9 attack.

Speaking during his visit, WHO director general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said, “I would like to express how saddened I am due to the attack this morning and also the life we lost.” Authorities in the DRC have been working to contain an Ebola outbreak since it was first reported on August 1, 2018.

Credit: World Health Organization via Storyful

0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 

You Might Like


Recent related videos from verified sources

'It breaks my heart': WHO chief decries raid on DRC Ebola centre [Video]'It breaks my heart': WHO chief decries raid on DRC Ebola centre

WHO will continue serving the 'vulnerable', Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus says during tour of repeatedly raided facility.

Credit: Al Jazeera STUDIO     Duration: 01:40Published

Environmentally friendly: One News Page is hosted on servers powered solely by renewable energy
© 2019 One News Page Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer  |  Press Room  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Content Accreditation
 RSS  |  News for my Website  |  Free news search widget  |  In the News  |  DMCA / Content Removal  |  Privacy & Data Protection Policy
How are we doing? FeedbackSend us your feedback  |   LIKE us on Facebook   FOLLOW us on Twitter  •  FOLLOW us on Pinterest
One News® is a registered trademark of One News Page Ltd.